BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Music To My Ears

Music seems to be coming back. It's been a minute since I really fell in love with a song, music just hasn't really been doing anything for me lately. There were a few songs that were aight, but nothing that caught my ear that I felt like I wanted to listen to over & over again. But now, I'm feeling it again! One of my favorite songs out right now is by Alicia Keys, called "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart." It's just something about the beat & this new pitch she's singing in. The moment I heard it I was like "oh yes", I knew I was going to love this song. Alicia never fails me, she brings it every time.

Some might not agree with me on this one, but I'm lovin' Rihanna's new single "Russian Roulette." I must admit that it was not the type of song I was expecting from her as her first single, but I love it none the less. I figured that when she dropped her first single that it would be this hard hitting, edgy, club song... I was expecting to hear something along the lines of "Run This Town", so at first I wasn't really feeling it. I had to listen to it a few times & I realized that the track was hot even though it was a ballad. It was definitely a risk for her to put out that type of song as her first single, but I'm diggin' it. & for those of you who think that Rihanna has satanic beliefs because of this song, kick rocks! You have to go beyond the surface & have an open mind. The song is clearly a metaphor for some type of obstacle that Rihanna was facing in her life. I love this chick, her music & her swagg... Can't wait for her album to drop!

Wayne is definitely back! So many people thought that Lil' Wayne had lost his touch, but his new mixtape "No Ceilings" is the shit! He is going in & he is going hard, straight up! My favorite tracks from the mixtape are "Wasted", "Wetter", "Swagg Surfing" and "Run This Town". He ripped all of those beats! Hands down Wayne is one of the best rappers alive. How could you possibly disagree? Ahhh... Can't wait for his next album to drop!

One of the newest R&B artist on the block is Melanie Fiona & this chick has soul! The first time I heard her first single "Give It To Me Right", I fell in love with her soulful voice. & her second single "It Kills Me" is one that I can definitely relate to. I cannot stop playing that song. I just purchased her album off of iTunes the other day & it's pretty good. A lot of her songs have an old school or sort of disco feel to them. My fav songs off the album besides the two singles already out are "You Stop My Heart". & "Sad Songs". I'm still warming up to the album so I'm sure I'll start to like some of the other tracks more.

THE album that I just cannot get enough of is Trey Songz "Ready". That album is one that you can listen to from beginning to end. From the first song until the last one, it's a good listen. Trey is not one of my favorite artist & I haven't bought any of his previous albums, but there was so much buzz going on about it via Twitter, I decided to cop it. From that day forth, I haven't stopped listening to it yet. When Mr. Songz named this album "Ready", he must have meant ready to make a baby because out of all the songs, there are maybe three that aren't in any way sexual. Other than that, it's a baby maker all the way through. & I can't deny the fact that I love it! LOL! If you haven't already, please go cop that album because it's hot!

0 comments: