BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 9, 2009

The Wait Is Ova (Rihanna Finally Speaks Out)

I'm pretty sure that everyone in the world
witnessed Rihanna sit down with Diane Sawyer
to talk about the incident that occurred with Chris Brown for the very first time. If you didn't see it, I don't know what rock you live under, but you need to come into the light! LOL! I was pleased with the interview because in the interviews that Chris has done he wouldn't reveal anything about the situation. It was very powerful & moving. I can appreciate her opening up & going into detail about why it happened & how it made her feel. But I must say that even though I love Rihanna to death & I feel terrible about what happened to her, I still feel like she physically provoked him first. Something in me just says that she pushed Chris to his limit before he exploded. But I will say & stand by the fact that no matter what happened or why it happened, it doesn't justify what he did to her. I'm sure it was hard for Rihanna to endure this type of situation in front of the public and have to worry about all the criticism that she would have to face depending on her next move. To overcome this under the magnifying glass of the media takes a very strong person. I commend her for that.
Which brings me to what really bothers me the most. I totally respect Rihanna's decision to put an end to her & Chris' relationship & I do believe that it was the right thing to do, but in some ways I think she put an end to it for the wrong reasons. Her point was valid when she mentioned girls in abusive relationships that look up to her, but come on she's human just like you & I! Who in their right mind does something just because they see a celebrity or a public figure doing it. I don't think Rihanna or any other public figure should put themselves under so much stress trying to live up to everyone else's standards. They should do what's best for them & what makes them happy. Yes, she is indeed a role model, but a human & 21 year old young woman who has feelings & is bound to make mistakes. Anybody who follows behind anybody else's every move & does things just because the next individual does it needs to gain some morals & find a damn brain! Do I forgive Chris? Yes. Do I think what he did was right? Hell no. But in all honesty, I loved seeing these two together & in a not so sure kind of way, I wish that one day they can work it out & get back together again...

0 comments: